Monday, February 2, 2009

Margaritas and Queen

So, you read about my day (below). Good news is that there is relief in the form of Margaritas with a girlfriend. (Thank you Heather!) It started as a joke when I called to say, "Have a pitcher of Margaritas ready!" Funny, when I'm a girl that rarely drinks. Maybe twice a year!

So when I arrived she said, "I actually have Margaritas made!" So, we partook. Partook is a word, right. Partake? Partook works for me.

Then I came home to discover that Evan and Mark had dug out and old Queen CD and have been Evan's new favorite song made popular again because of some commercial on TV leading up to Super Bowl Sunday. Maybe Coke? Maybe Target? I couldn't tell you. I think it's the whole, "Mud on your face, big disgrace," line that he thinks is so great.

So as I worked the stir fry on the stove, I discovered that after Margaritas, cooking to WE WILL ROCK YOU, will really put you in a great place!

Thanks Heather. Thanks Queen!

2 comments:

Karen and Chad said...

Hi, Rhonda!

Yeah, I know what you mean by just the right song at the right time. There have been times in my life that I've had crushingly bad days. When I get home, I slap on the headphones(because it's gonna get LOUD!!) and on comes the music. A few Journey songs, then throw in some AC/DC, Def Leppard, and maybe some Warrant. After I've reached mental exhaustion, it's time to start coming back to the real world with selected songs by REO Speedwagon, Styx, maybe other Journey, TOTO, finally closing with Boston when I know I've blown out all the stress.

Have fun in Michigan!

Chad

Heather said...

Yea! Glad I could be a part of turning your day around.

Followers