Monday, December 22, 2008

Seriously!

I don't remember a time since I was a kid, living in Columbus, Ohio and we got hit with a blizzard in maybe 1976 or so, that I have seen so much snow get dumped at one time, for so many days on end.


The big difference is that slow plows don't come through the side streets and neighborhoods here and we don't own a snow shovel. Oh, I tried to shovel a bit today. The kind of shovel you use to plant a tree really isn't very effective when it comes to snow! See a pattern here? I don't have boots, I don't own a hat, we don't have a snow shovel, Evan has rain boots, etc... It's not supposed to be like this! But it is kind of fun. I just hope that every one's Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans can still happen but I am guessing not.



Today was one of those days that even the parents get a snow day. Mark and Evan decided to go on a snowy adventure and walked to do some Christmas shopping for me. I got calls from them from time to time telling me how much fun they were having.



I knew I had the house to myself for at least 2 hours. I wrapped presents and then watched for their return.

Mark's been doing some seasonal work with UPS during the holidays but even UPS had asked him not to come in since that route couldn't be delivered. But,...the guy who has our neighborhood was working. Working on trying to get his truck unstuck! Chains and everything, it wasn't enough! Glad it wasn't Mark!


Here come my boys!


Since we're so snowed in, I decided we could let Evan open one present. This one is from Aunt Sharon and I knew Evan would be thrilled and keep him busy all day. Thanks Aunt Sharon and Uncle Mike!!


So here we sit. It's hard to believe that we are used to temps in the 40-50's this time of year and usually a fleece and jeans is all we usually need. I can hardly believe this myself!

No comments:

Followers