(If the tree looks huge, it is because it is!)
Inspired by a book I saw advertised in an airline in-flight catalog a year ago, I decided to start a new Christmas tradition. Elf on the Shelf was the title and I decided I would make up the rest from there.
So this little elf, which happens to be a girl and wears mostly red, makes an appearance every morning starting Dec. 1 to countdown the days to Christmas. She moves about the house while we sleep and chooses a place to sit and wait with a candy treat for Evan. Once she is discovered, Evan places her in the tree where she observes the comings and goings in our household and reports directly to the man at the top - Santa!
I love how children at this age believe everything. The fantasy is fun for sure.
Yesterday, the conversation goes like this, "Mom, how did Elf get up there in the wreath where she hid? I bet she did 2 jumps! Where does she get the candy? I bet she makes it in the tree...." I love the thought of that!
Today we experienced a little Time Out for, well, burping over and over again. It's a funny thing to be a boy and have that sound come out, I guess. I am not a boy. So there he sat in the 'naughty spot' for 5 minutes while saying (through his tears) "I don't want Elf to tell Santa....waaa. Mom, do you think Elf is going to tell Santa? I don't want her to tell Santa Mom." I could tell that this was of great concern to him and all I could do was silently smile to myself.



1 comment:
It took more time than usual for Evan to find Elf today. It's always fun to watch him look and ask questions...
Post a Comment