
It's hard to believe I actually
did cut fresh flowers from our yard on the 6th for my parents visit. Now the remaining roses are covered in ice. I know this is not our typical weather but since I am from Michigan, it's easy to believe that winter
is here to stay and we may not see the grass until April. This sure will make for a white Christmas!

Everything is so pretty outside all covered in ice. I hear the trees behind our house crack as branches fall.

Evan makes his way through our winter wonderland. Each step requires breaking the ice on top to get to the snow and ground below.

This was taken yesterday when the big flakes were coming down. Evan was out with the girls next door for a few minutes before he got too cold. His gloves got wet and so he only lasted a short time. I have looked for warmer gloves but all of the local stores are sold out of the good stuff and I'm not driving anywhere today. We aren't prepared for THIS sort of weather. I know we're not alone. I see other kids in rain boots too. Lots of socks will do the trick. I am in fact, wearing Mark's winter boots and hat. I don't have those things in my closet!

I snapped this of the two of us on our walk around the neighborhood today. NOBODY was out. We had a great time making our way to our friends house for a short play date. And after we left those friends, we made one more stop for another play date before we made our trek home.
I love this little video! Evan is such a lightweight that at just 40 pounds he sometimes can actually walk on the ice without falling through! This was a first for him and I wonder when we'll see weather like this again. Crazy as it is, we're enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment