It's almost hard to look at these two faces - such kindred spirits, soulmates and the dearest of friends. So much love and heart connected us always, and still does. There was no better friend than Daryl.
This is one of my favorite pictures. It was taken somewhere in Boston, during one of my 3 visits to see him there. Late 90's.
I see people who so strongly resemble Daryl that I am sometimes overcome with emotion. It's those moments that catch me off guard the most. Most recently I saw a man in the Costco parking lot walking to his car. It took my breath away. Then as he was getting into his car, he looked in our direction and leaned out with a wave as if he'd just spotted us too. As it turned out, it was someone Mark knew from the tennis club, but they way he'd leaved out to wave, made me feel like he was waving to me, from Daryl. I don't think I have known someone who I see more "look a likes" than Daryl.
I love you Daryl. You are so missed.



No comments:
Post a Comment