
Since I have been watching kids on Tuesdays and Thursdays this summer, I decided to take Evan out for his special brithday lunch a day early so we could have it alone. We sat outside at California Pizza Kitchen on a beautiful day. 8. Wow. How did that happen? It really does go so fast.

Later that day, Mark and I decided to give Evan his birthday present since Mark would be off to work early the next day.

Because he thinks and hopes that every gift is LEGO, I purposely 'slipped' and said that I hoped he like the game... So, he had it in his head that it was a game, and that was a good thing. Then he could be really surprised!

That smile says it all. It's NOT a game, it's LEGO! Evan had wanted a bigger set that had been discontinued but Mark had stashed away months ago. Evan couldn't get over it.
"Where did you guys find this!?" He knew it was a 'hard to find' set, and was thrilled. This picture shows it. :)

He wasted no time getting started. We told him he could stay up and build as long as there were no tears. When he gets tired and frustrated, the night is over.
I went to bed before Evan. Mark stayed up while Evan finished. Evan essentially needs no help in building these sets. Even the most complicated are a piece of cake for him.

So...his Lego City area in his room now has a "Les Schwab" garage to fix up anything that should break down. Happy Birthday kiddo. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment