Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's and Mack

Evan was excited to come home and share the Valentine's and treats that he's received at school with his cat Mack. Mack is such a good friend and patient listener to Evan. You are such a good Kittie Mack-a-roon. Evan's class was encouraged to make Valentine's or used recycled materials and get creative. I think our very favorite Valentine was from Wyatt (not pictured). It was a heart shaped bird feeder. A loop of twine and a bunch of different seeds all hardened into a heart -cookie-cutter shape. This still hangs on a tree just outside our kitchen and the birds have loved it. I need to get the recipe. Despite the rain, it's held up. What a creative valentine. I used to love store bought Valentines until I learned how creative this bunch is.



I love that Evan's teacher had each child make ONE very special valentine. in class. Each child picked a name, created a special valentine just for that friend and gave them out on Valentine's Day. A little girl named Dianna picked Evan's name. "I like your eyes Evan, and I like your freckles." So sweet.

No comments:

Followers