Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Holidays from the Ross family!

Look at our home all decked out for the holidays. No, this isn't our house, but isn't it cute!? I couldn't resist pulling over to take a picture of it. I think Martha Stewart lives here! So charming during the day and perfectly lit up at night. I love it!
One of the highlights of the season was the visit from my parents. 10 whole days of nothing but playing games, shopping, eating here and there, more games (Qwirkle) and more games. We should have counted how many times we played that darn game, but we didn't. Scrabble never made it out of the hutch! We've found a great game, and can't seem to get enough. The beauty is that Evan can play and hold his own! Smart little boy.
I was excited to surprise my parents with something that had been on my Mom's 'bucket list' and that was to go on a limo ride. I booked a little adventure for the two of them to go on a Wine Tasting/ 5.5 hour limo ride. They visited 5 wineries, drank a little, ate a little, got to travel in style. It made my day to watch Mom and John pull away from the curb in that white stretch limo. I guess the next thing on the 'bucket list' is a hot air balloon ride. Hmmm. :)

There he is, hiding under the tree. All grins and so excited about the holiday.


Evan had a great Christmas and one time reported, "I can't believe all of my dreams are coming true." Oh, to be a kid at Christmas. At the top of his wish list this year from Santa was the big Lego City Airport. And yes, Santa delivered! One day as we were in the car, Evan said, "I wish I could tell Santa thank you for my airport." I smiled to myself. I'm sure Santa knows, but it's always nice to hear.

One of the big and unexpected surprises was Evan's motorized scooter. Oh, I had told him it was a little thing in a big box (just to confuse him) and I think he believed me! Oh, the smiles are priceless. The best news is that his best bud got the same thing! Go figure. So both little boys were zipping around the Cul de Sac today despite the very cold temperatures! Two happy boys!
I think the best gift of all this holiday has been that Mark has a job, and that things are going to be alright. 2011, a new beginning, and much to be thankful for.




No comments:

Followers