Yesterday Evan wanted to go for a walk. I suggested he bring his shiny dollar coin that he got in the mail from Grandma Carolyn and we walk to Haggen and he could pick out something. I knew he would pick a Hot Wheels vehicle...they are always about a buck or so.
Rows and rows of hanging cars. Which one to pick. I showed him a few to get a feel for his preferences. He likes these, but not those. Okay, now I know what he's looking for. As we went from row to row, taking everything off and putting all the ones we didn't want back on, we finally narrowed it down to about 10 or so favorites. Which ones can we get rid of now? These, and this, and this one. Finally down to two. How to decide?
Evan says, "Ok, whichever one makes the best noise is the one I'll get."
Noise? These cars don't do anything. Then he musters up his best boy noise...Vrooooom vroom, and to the other vehicle he makes his best ambulance siren sound. "This one. This one makes the best sound." So in the end, he picked the ambulance. I know it was the best choice because I have been hearing ambulance sounds all morning long. It's all in the sound effects! Who knew you could get such a great vehicle with sound for a buck!



No comments:
Post a Comment