Friday, April 2, 2010

My own little Easter Beagle

Last night Evan and I cozied up on the couch and watched "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown!" I didn't think Evan would have the patience to sit and watch it. He seems to not have interest in such 'old' shows. Who can compete with the likes of Nemo? But since I sat with him, he decided to give it a shot.

I never really paid attention to the fact that Woodstock and Snoopy don't talk, it's all in the body language and expression that we figure out what they are saying.

Evan really got a kick out Snoopy acting as the Easter Beagle, passing out Easter eggs as he happily danced about.

This morning, Evan woke up before us. I can probably count on one hand how many times that's happened since he was a baby. I heard him upstairs, downstairs and back and forth again. Happy feet moving quickly about. Hmm.

As I decided I may as well start my day, I was greeted in the hallway with a happy boy. "Time for an Easter Egg Hunt, " he declared as he handed me an empty carton. As I looked around, even without my contacts, I could tell some of the eggs were WHITE which means those are NOT the ones that are hard boiled. Yikes! So Mark and I did our hunt, sometimes playfully elbowing each other to get to the egg first. Surprisingly none of the eggs broke. I just hope we found them all. We're not quite sure how many were scattered about.

Thanks Evan for a little Easter surprise!

1 comment:

Heather said...

This story cracks me up ... again!

Followers