Dad generously offered to fly the three of us in, and take care of hotel, park-hopper tickets to Disney and all. Wow. What a gift of a lifetime!
It was nearly impossible to keep this a secret from Evan because I was about to bust! But, I kept my mouth shut and waited for the right time for Grandpa to deliver the new to Evan over the phone.
At first Grandpa told Evan that he had some bad news and that he and Grandma would not be coming to Portland for his 8th birthday. Then he added that maybe we could meet someplace else instead. Then Grandpa asked if Evan had ever heard of a place called Disneyland!
Shock...quickly followed by excitement and pure joy!
We are all three so excited. We have booked our flights, Grandpa has booked the rooms, and now all we need are tickets to the park and for September to hurry up and get here.
Evan wonders if Disneyland is better than Great Wolf Lodge. I assured him that it's WAY better, but we will have to let him see for himself.
What a memory in the making this is.



No comments:
Post a Comment