Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fused glass workshop

Oh, this was SO much fun. Evan's school had an artist come and offer a 'fused glass' workshop type of thing. Come in, pay for what you want to make (pin, ornament or necklace) and then have at it. Practically no instruction, just endless possibilities. When all was said and done, I had to take pictures of other people's stuff and thought, "What didn't I think of that!" I was all caught in the abstract and never thought to make a tree, or better yet, Santa coming down the chimney. (No, I guess I am not smarter than a 4th grader!)

The glass will then be fired at 1500 degrees and we'll have them in a week or so. I can't wait to see what these look like when they come back! I could have stayed and created all day! FUN!!!

Evan carefully considered which pieces he wanted to use on his project. Quite honestly there were so many beautiful pieces of glass, it was hard to get started. So many choices!!


I stepped away form my spot to look down on my table of little friends as their searched out the perfect pieces of glass to make their creations. You can see on the plate, that Emerson had already finished her Santa legs, and was making more.
Many kids participated in this last year and wear their glass necklace pendants all the time. I was so glad this opportunity was presented again this year so we could get in on it. Really cool!



No comments:

Followers