Thursday, November 5, 2009

Delete that!

A week ago the three of us met with Evan's teacher for his fall conference. His teacher gave a great report on Evan...he came equipped with many skills that gets him off to a great start, knows all 26 capitals, 22 lower case (mixed up b, d, i , l, at the first of the year,) knows his one to one counting, speaks very clearly, and is KIND and on task.

His teacher went on to say that Evan is SO good and SO kind, and is SO on task that it was a stretch to think of a social goal for him to work on. (Oh, does Mama love that!) His teacher looked at Evan and suggested that maybe he try to work on NOT talking when she was teaching and then she looked at us and said, "He might do this like ONCE a day..." We got the message...he's a pretty good kid.

So then today, I got an email from his teacher saying that she has needed to give Evan a few reminders this week about talking to his friends while she is teaching. She said it's not a big thing, but wants to catch it before the problem grows," She said she told Evan that "This isn't something we usually have to talk about, is it?" and he nodded.

Well, he was here with me when I opened the email and I had him come close so I could read the message to him. We talked about it. He had a very serious look on his face and I thankful that he cares the way he does.

He quickly said, "Ok, I am sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I won't do it again."

Then, pointing at the monitor he said, "Delete that!"

I didn't even know he know the word!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh Rhonda! That is SO funny! Delete that? I love it ... our boys are growing up in a new era.

Followers